A relaxation massage helps de-stress and loosen up your body and is great for those who have had a hard working week or feel like treating themselves to some TLC! A relaxation massage creates the feeling of well being and relaxes the mind, body and spirit. Techniques such as effleurage, kneading, tapotement and friction are used to improve circulation, aid digestion, and speed up the elimination of waste products to release aches and pains. It is a pain-free way to relax both your muscles and your mind.
As with any kind of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after your treatment. Relaxation massage – like other forms of massage – can offer the following benefits:
- Lowering blood pressure – at least for a while
- Improvements to peripheral circulation
- Improvements to skin tone and appearance
- Improvements to gastrointestinal motility (bowel movements will become more regular)
- Some reduction in muscle tension including the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Improvements to any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a gentle boost to the immune system if you undergo regular treatments.