Enjoy the nurturing experience of a face down massage on my specialised table that accommodates the mum-to-be during all trimesters. Regular pregnancy massages can relieve the body of aches and pains caused by the pressures of pregnancy and prepare the body for the physical and emotional challenges of birth. Pregnancy Massage therapist helps you to relax and assists the body to function better by ensuring muscles are balanced and flexible. During the third trimester, Aromatherapy oils can be introduced to heighten the sensory experience and promote relaxation by the release of endorphins. This treatment is a must for the mum-to-be.
The benefits of pregnancy massage include a wide range of physiological, emotional and psychological benefits.
- Relief of muscular discomfort, lower back pain, headaches, leg cramps, sciatica, carpel tunnel syndrome, fatigue and constipation.
- Decrease swelling of hands, feet and ankles.
- Alleviates stress on weight bearing joints.
- Increases blood circulation, which provides more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and fetus.
- Promotes restful sleep.
- Relieves hip and pelvic discomfort.
- Lowers stress hormones and anxiety by sedating the nervous system.
- May improve the progression of labour with better health outcomes for both mother and her baby.